We did the usual walk, breakfast and then coffee at the church. We came home and washed fresh wild blueberries to prepare them for tomorrow's pancakes. We made granola and did a few other things before lunch. After lunch Jay carried the canoe down to the lake and Jeanne and I went canoeing. Gorgeous day. It had cooled down and the sun was just coming out but it was not hot.
Got pretty close to a turtle
Jeanne carried the canoe back up the hill to the house. After relaxing a bit Jay, Jeanne and I went exploring with Jay to a place he had heard had a patch of wild blueberries. Eureka!! We found them. We picked like crazy. I could have pick more but one hand was busy waving the mosquitoes away. We got 3 quarts of berries. Wild berries are very tasty but they are tiny.
We got home in time to make a nice birthday dinner for Jay. Yummy meal.
We made a real dent in the birthday cake. I wanted you to see the layers.
Tonight we watch RED. Fun Bruce Willis movie. A full day.
Wow! You got some beautiful photos at the lake---especially like the turtle and water lily ones. Life certainly flows at a different pace back there.
ReplyDeleteJay looks like he is carrying a feather, not a canoe. Great photos!
ReplyDeleteNice photos. Around the water.
ReplyDelete