Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Jan 1, 2014

Happy New Year everyone.

I am sorry to say that none of us made it last night to bring in the new year.  I had to leave at 4 am this morning to take Nathan to the airport. He had problems again on the flight home.  They canceled his fight to LA.  But luckily they managed to get him a different schedule.  Flew through Chicago instead of LA.

We left to the airport a little early just in case we had trouble at the car rental place.  But everything went smoothly.  Our flight was on time.  I don't know how we managed it but we are returning with about the same amount of stuff.  I thought that we might have been able to decrease one suitcase by putting one inside another but no such luck.  I guess we got a lot of loot.  Madeline met us at the MAX station.

We finally did get 2 of the UPS packages that Dorothy sent but not the one I ordered for George.  Oh well. Rebecca will mail it back to us once she gets it on Jan 6th.  What a pain.  There was an article in the Albuquerque paper about the complaints of this happening with UPS.

I am almost all unpacked and tomorrow we will be back to "normal".  

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year and Welcome Home, Barbara! Sounds like a good trip overall - too bad about the package timing - there was an article in the paper here, too, (maybe the same article?!) about the shipping snafus this holiday season - sounds like you weren't the only ones that had issues with packages arriving on time! Sorry to hear Nathan had so many challenges with his travel ...

    ReplyDelete