Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Home again. Monday, March 10

We left Deer Creek a little after 10 am.  We saw a few deer as we were leaving but I did not get any pictures.

We met "the gang" for lunch at Melt Land.  A very interesting grilled cheese sandwich place.  I have never seen so many possibilities for grilled cheese.  Nathan almost ordered the peanut butter and banana one.


I just had the half sandwich soup and salad combo.  It was very good.  It was so much food that I saved my sandwich for the flight home.  Unfortunately it was not nearly so good then.

Lisa ordered the fried twinkies.

We went back to Rob's place.  Nathan got some computer work done.  George had gotten word from Southwest saying our flight was delayed.  And then it was delayed some more so we would no longer be able to make our connection to Chicago.  When we called Southwest they said that either we could re-book for Tuesday morning or we could go to the airport and see if there were any other options.  That is what we decided to do.  It is a good thing.  They had already booked us on a different route home.  They apologized for the inconvenience.  They sent us to Nashville, then Denver then Portland.  We got to Portland about an hour later than we had scheduled before.  We had a chance to have some ice cream while we waited at the airport.  Rebecca's was the first flight to leave.  Nathan left about the same time we did but from a different gate.


Columbus airport art.  We got home about midnight.  Rebecca got back to Albuquerque safely and on time.  Nathan is still traveling to Chile.  He should get to his home stay some time Tuesday afternoon. 

All in all we had a great visit with family and reconnecting we people.  Some of the relatives I had never met.  So it was very good for me.  

1 comment:

  1. Banana and peanut butter sounds wonderful but I'm not sure about putting cheese with it. Glad you got home safe. I hope Nathan will do a blog.

    ReplyDelete