Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Madison August 27

Laura and Wilhelm made a sudden trip to Germany to visit a good friend who has cancer.  So Jeanne offered to babysit Tristan (4 years old), Emmet and Liam (2 years old).  She then called me to ask if I could come lend a hand.  Of course I said yes.  I flew out from Portland at 7 am and landed in Minneapolis airport at gate G17.  The board said that my connecting flight was at F10 so I scurried over there.  MSP is a big airport.  When I got to F10 the sign said the next flight from that gate was going to Anchorage. HMMM.  So I checked the board again.  Now it said that my flight was leaving from G19!!!  Argh. So back the way I came.  I put 2 miles on my pedometer!!! Luckily I did not miss my flight.  Short flight on to Madison.  Jeanne met me at the airport.  We got home (Laura and Wilhelm had left this morning) and Jeanne had gotten here last night.  We had a chance to do a few errands before we went to go pick up the kids from day care.  It was fun to see them.  Tristan seem to remember me which is really surprising because I think that it has been almost 2 years since I saw him last.

We played, had dinner, we played then bath, quiet stories and then bed.  I am exhausted and that was only 2 1/2 hours.  I don't know if the video will come through.


Now we can put our feel up for a little.  They are 3 great kids.  3 great active kids, 3 great active enthusiastic kids.  

4 comments:

  1. A house full of toys.
    The video didn't appear on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun unexpected trip. You should sleep well at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - the video didn't work on my phone but did work on my desktop. And that video certainly speaks volumes - what high energy boys! And they sure look like they just love playing with Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete