George and I met Patty, Joyce and Tye in the lobby at 6:45 am to head to the airport. George went home on the same flight with Patty, Joyce and Tye. They all got home safely. I flew to Chicago to visit Trudy and Dale. Trudy is a college friend and Dale is her husband.
I think that they were afraid that the TSA Prechk people would not know where to go. I had the TSA PreChk. I got to my gate in plenty of time. The flight to Chicago was very short. It did not take me long to find the place to get the Blue Line train to connect with the Northwest Metra. I got out to Jefferson Park, where I was to transfer. People always seem to be friendly and helpful when you look pitifully lost. It took me less time to get there so it ended out that I had a longer wait for my train.
The train was very nice. They have a place to put luggage so it is out of the way. And you can flip the chairs so that you can face which ever direction you want. It took a little over an hour to get out to Crystal Lake. Trudy met my train.
the train
front of their house
view from the back
We relaxed. It was too hot to go out. We had a light lunch and then mostly visited. I showed my India pictures. Later we ordered take-out Chinese for dinner. We also had to buy more beer.
After dinner we went on a little walk around the lake
I tried taking pictures of the bullfrogs. They were very big and loud.
pretty sunset.
What a day.










Looks like a nice house! Glad everyone made it to their destinations without any problems.
ReplyDeleteNice train. Glad you're having a good visit with Trudy.
ReplyDeleteI got randomly bounced again from TSA-precheck. They made me take everything out of my pockets, take off my shoes, etc. That's what happened on the flight out, too.
Glad you were able to work out the train connection. Sounds like a nice visit so far. See you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteGlad the train worked out so well!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a whirlwind travel day, but I'm happy it all worked out---even if it did require a little extra beer!
ReplyDelete