We are headed off to Minneapolis to go to Marianne and Sam's wedding. Joyce and I have been friends for so long, Marianne feels almost like family.
We had a very leisurely morning. Our flight was not until noon so we did not have to leave the house until 10 am. I had time to fit in a walk. I picked a bunch of our blueberries. I froze some of them so that I will have some when I get home, otherwise I would miss most of the season.
Just before leaving I call the Eye clinic to find out if my new glasses were in. They just had arrived so we stopped there on our way to the airport. So I have my new glasses now that correct for the cataract surgery. Great.
There were almost no lines at the airport so we zipped right through. George had TSA precheck so he took the bag that had my computer and liquids. So I did not have to do anything but take my shoes off.
We had a very leisurely morning. Our flight was not until noon so we did not have to leave the house until 10 am. I had time to fit in a walk. I picked a bunch of our blueberries. I froze some of them so that I will have some when I get home, otherwise I would miss most of the season.
Just before leaving I call the Eye clinic to find out if my new glasses were in. They just had arrived so we stopped there on our way to the airport. So I have my new glasses now that correct for the cataract surgery. Great.
There were almost no lines at the airport so we zipped right through. George had TSA precheck so he took the bag that had my computer and liquids. So I did not have to do anything but take my shoes off.
I have never flown Sun Country
Once we arrived in Minneapolis we got the shuttle to the hotel. We did not have to wait long.
Drove past a military cemetery. It was huge
Joyce and Tye met us at the hotel. We got checked in - dumped our stuff in the room and then met them for dinner at the hotel restaurant. It was nice to connect. Joyce and Tye were gracious enough to miss the other family stuff to have a quiet evening with us. I appreciated that.
Joyce and Tye
pretty flowers
The DoubleTree Hotel
Not really a good walking neighborhood but the hotel is nice.








Glad to hear it was a pretty relaxed trip and that you made it to Minneapolis. Pretty flowers & nice photo of Joyce & Tye!
ReplyDeleteJust curious, what is a "walk in"? How nice that there were almost no lines at the airport!
ReplyDeleteLOL. I changed the sentence to "I had time to fit in a walk;" :-)
Delete