Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Travel Day All Day

Dale fixed a very nice breakfast of eggs and toast.  I got myself organized and packed up.  We left the house about 9 am to drive to the airport.  It was very nice because we had some extra visiting time. Going through security was very easy because I had the TSA Prechk.  But it was different.  I had to take my laptop out of my bag and I had to hold a plastic laminated sign saying I was TSA prechk. wierd.  Oh well.  I wandered around a bit but mostly I found a comfortable place to hang out.

note the name of the bookstore

 It was a short flight, about 1 1/2 hours.  Time enough to eat the lunch I packed from Trudy's.  Once I arrived in Minneapolis again I had to find the Skyline Shuttle Service.  Luckily they gave very good directions on their ticket.  It is a shuttle service between the Minneapolis airport and the Duluth airport.  Duluth is much closer for Jeanne to pick me up.  It was cheaper to do a round trip flight from Minneapolis to Chicago and do the shuttle that in would have been to have flew Minneapolis to Chicago to Duluth.  But I guess it did take longer.  It was nearly a 3 hour van ride.  Jeanne met me in Duluth.  We went out to Olive Garden for dinner before driving another 2 hours to Ely.  We arrived in Ely pretty close to 9 pm.  So a 12 hour travel day.  Sorry - not many pictures..

the lake
Nice to get here and relax.  


3 comments:

  1. Nice you got to drive to the airport. I thought you were going to take public transportation into town. Good to know you have arrived in Ely. Hi to Jeanne! Looking forward to more blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do get selected for TSA Pre Check a lot :) I may not be able to comment for a bit depending on how good the WiFi is while traveling, and whether I decide to buy Internet on the plane. But I will be back to read your blog when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a long travel day but happy to hear you made it to Ely!

    ReplyDelete