Saturday we got the car all packed up, except for the cooler items.
Sunday morning after breakfast we finished packing. We left the house about 8:45 am. Our goal was 9 am so we were doing great. The drive to Onalaska was uneventful. Jay drove. We went directly to Kathleen (Jeanne's sus) and Lloyd's church. We got there in time to visit a little before church. Lloyd is the pastor there. It is a small church and the people were very friendly. We went to coffee hour afterwards. Then we went to their house.
Kathleen's giant sunflowers
Kathleen and Lloyd in front of theeir home
Then Jeanne and Jay took us all out for lunch in Chahalis. We went to a Chinese Restaurant. We ordered too much food and I ate too much of it. We went back to visit some more. We left about 5 pm to go on to Tacoma. We stayed in downtown Tacoma. After settling in we drove to Anthony's on Point Defiance. A very pretty drive. We got there before the sunset.
(George was able to retrieve some of my pictures so here are the ones I was going to include)
Yummy with fresh peaches. Then I had a sauvignon blanc with my shrimp cocktail.

(George was able to retrieve some of my pictures so here are the ones I was going to include)
We were not hungry so we just had drinks and appetizers at the bar. We started with Peachy Drops.
Yummy with fresh peaches. Then I had a sauvignon blanc with my shrimp cocktail.
It was an open kitchen so we could watch them cook. I kept trying to catch them flaming something. Finally it happen. The waitress told one of the chefs what I was trying to do and so he staged it for me.
Funny thing. We were coming here to connect with Ben and Erin. They were at a wedding Sunday night. What we found out was the wedding was right next door to Anthony's. So we had a brief connection with them.
Saw Ben in a tux. What a handsome dude. We gave him a lift back to the hotel.
Jeanne and I ended the evening with a Bailey's nightcap.
I can just imagine the view from Pt Defiance- bummer about the Pics! That is sure a loaded car - did you unload some of it at the hotel to fit Ben in?
ReplyDeleteThat sure is a packed car!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you made it to Anthony's for supper, sort of. I'll bet the view was still fantastic! Fun running into Ben while you were there!
ReplyDelete