Thursday, May 25, 2017

Columbus, OH

After breakfast we headed off to a Chocolate factory for a tour - Anthony-Thomas Chocolate.


All kinds of mostly milk chocolate

The largest Ohio Buckeye Chocolate.  Buckeyes are like Reeses peanut butter cups.  This particular one is actually all chocolate- all 235 pounds!! So it is a fake buckeye.  We then had a tour, at the end we got a free buckeye.  

Then we headed off to lunch.  Dorothy and Ed had driven down to join us for lunch.  
We went to the North Market.  Cool place, reminded me of Europe markets.  All kinds of food stalls of every variety and also stalls of other things.  It was an indoor market, though they have an area set up outside for summer produce.  

We first walked around to see all the choices and then we each picked what we wanted.  I chose Indian, of course.  George and Nathan had Thai, Rob had Mexican, Dorothy & Ed had middle Eastern.  

They had an upstairs seating area.  It was pretty full when we got there.  


This was looking down from above.  It was nice the way it was so open.  After lunch the group went down to get ice cream.  I held down the table.  Then we went to one of the stalls to buy salmon for tonight.   
Dorothy & Ed followed us back to Rob's place.  They only stayed a short time before they headed back to Defiance, OH.  

George and Rob took Mucci in the car to go to a park where he could run around some.   They had a good time.  Nathan has caught a cold and so he rested. Rebecca was organizing her stuff and I worked on our Barcelona plans.  

Later I went on a neighborhood walk and got caught in a rain storm.  

Once George and Rob got back, George, Nathan & I played a card game.  Then it was time for Rob to fix dinner. 


 He made salmon burgers, baked beans and salad.  Good. meal.   Sorry, it is out of focus.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! I have also been working on our Barcelona plans. Two weeks from today. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice day! I hope Nathan feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Co-workers and I used to eat at the North Market a lot. It is pretty fun to go through- and choose from so many ethnic foods. It's pretty close to the AEP hdgtrs building where I worked. Glad you were able to check it out. Looks like it was a rainy/cool day for you. Hope you're having better weather now.

    ReplyDelete