Monday, October 2, 2017

Relaxing day

I was up at 4:30 am so that I could walk to Starbucks this morning with Rebecca.  There is not a Starbucks at the Albuquerque airport.  Rebecca treated me to a coffee.  Then George and Sue pick us up at 5:15 to head off to the airport.  Come to find out that they were on the same flight to Denver.  Then Rebecca went on to Newark and Sue went to Knoxville.  We saw them through the security.  They stopped Rebecca and searched her bag.  Apparently all her Starbucks Via packages were suspicious.  It is always something. 

We were back at the hotel by 6:30 am.  We showered and then headed downstairs for breakfast.  We checked outside to see if any balloons were up.  There were several


We pretty much hung around the hotel. We turned in Rebecca's key for her room and we requested late check out for our room.  We have until 1 pm.  I guess we will plan to go to lunch then.  After that we will probably head out to the airport and hang out there until our flight time.  

Steve is having to deal with his car today, plus he wants to be able to spend some time with Ross and Perry.  Jennifer is sick.  Probably as a result of the wedding stresses. So that is why we are on our own. 

3 comments:

  1. Are the balloons part of the hot air balloon festival or just something that happens there fairly regularly? They always look so inviting. Even better than a long tram ride. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. The balloons are so pretty - but I think it pass on a ride even so! 😜🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I agree a bit more with Kris than Jeanne here :)

    ReplyDelete