Sunday, November 26, 2017

Saturday


We did our usual morning walk over to Jamie & Pam's home.  Jamie had to work in the morning so the rest of us went to walk in the Descanso Gardens.  They were very pretty.

During the winter months they have an evening light show called Enchanted.  This bed of glass tulips would all be lit up.  Pam tried to get tickets for us to go but they were all sold out. 
This is how it looks lit up.


We could have ridden the train around.
Nathan naturally found a photo op




Imagine this lit up at night




Taking a break.

Even saw 2 deer.







This was a very pretty garden even in the winter.
Then we dropped Linda off at a friend's apartment for lunch and we went home for lunch.
Once Linda came home we headed off to Barnes and Noble.  We did a lot of browsing.  


After I had bought my brother's latest book I sat in the Starbucks and had coffee with Jamie.  The person in line in front of me "paid it forward" and bought me my coffee!! (because it was Thanksgiving weekend)  That was nice.  
We had gone to the book store in 2 cars because one group wanted to go hiking after the bookstore.  Jamie, Nathan, Linda and George headed off.  Then Pam and I headed home to make peanut butter cookies


The hikers did not hike long.  They decided to go wine tasting at a wine bar. They invited us but it was too late by then.  The wine bar was back near the Barnes and Noble.  They had a good time.

We had our wine after we got the cookies in the oven.

Once they got home we headed off to Annapurna Grill for an Indian dinner.  This is a south Indian food restaurant.  We had idlis as appetizers and Jamie and I each ordered the dosa, which we shared.  No butter chicken, since that is north Indian.  Other than the idlis and dosas the food was all spicier than I like.  Even the biriyani (rice dish) was spicy.  We had plenty of food.  I explained to Nathan that south Indian food tended to be hotter.  A general rule of thumb, the closer to the equator the spicier the food.


The dosas.  Every time I order this, I keep thinking that I should order it more often.  The table next to us ordered the family dosa.  It is 4 feet long!! I snuck a picture but it did not really give the feel for the size and it was not a good picture.


I took a picture of the moon to show the air pollution.  The moon was fuzzy. 

We came home and watched another old classic, Desk Set with Katharine Hepburn.  Very enjoyable silly movie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment