Sunday, January 28, 2018

Test Drive a Tour Guide - Saturday

We had breakfast in the hotel and then headed off to Edmonds for all the various programs.  The first one was the big reunion party.  It was in a huge room with a lot of tables.  They had provided a light snack.




We were joined at our table by 4 women.  They had been on a Portugal tour.  They had a book of their trip like my Shutterfly book.  We were looking at it and saw Marylou & Greg (friends from church) in one of their pictures.  Amazing.  So I took a picture of them and sent it to Marylou.  Small world. 

We found our tour guide, Federico.  He came over and talked to us.  That was fun.  We never did find our previous guide, Martin.  We know he was here but we never saw him.

Rick spoke and then introduced 8-9 tour guides who each spoke about their tours for just a few minutes.  Federico sang!! Now there are many more tours I would love to do.  I guess that is the point.  :-)

We walked to a different building to hear a little more detailed talk of the England tours.  
We poked into some shops and had a quick bite to eat at The Cheesemonger's Table.  Edmonds is such a cute little town.  Luckily it was no longer raining.  It was chilly and quite windy so we did not do a lot of dinking.



Delicious roasted tomato soup and cheesy toast.


I can't believe the camellias are blooming - it is January!!

  Then went to another building to hear the talk of Italy tours.  
By then we were done.  So we went back to the car.  We drove to the Cascadia Art Gallery, we had missed this the last time because it was closed.  It was nice.  It was a Northwest Design at Mid-century art show.  The had furniture, fashion, jewelry and wall art.

Cool door handles



We decided that it was time to head back to the hotel.  We stopped at a kitchen store on our way.  Then we relaxed with some popcorn and wine.

For dinner we met up with Kris' cousin Marlee and her daughter Mina.  We went to a Peruvian restaurant.


We had a mussels appetizer.  I actually ate one.  It was buried under so much stuff, I hardly tasted the mussel.

We shared a whole chicken.  Wow.  It came with beans and rice, a very flavorful meal. 


Mina, Kris and Marlee.

Then back to the hotel.  The restaurant was quite close to the hotel.  
I guess I had to put this picture in.  It is tradition.  
It was a very full and fun day.



No comments:

Post a Comment