Monday, July 9, 2018

Cannon Beach

Robbie and Nathan came over to our place this morning.  Once they got here we headed out to Cannon Beach.  We started out at Ecola State park.





We thought we would take the trail to Crescent Beach.  It was listed at 1¼ .  I think that they lied.  In fact I am sure of it.  The trail went up and down and around.  8779 steps later we reached the beach.  It was a nice beach.  I had never been to it before.

Nathan found a swing but couldn't get it untied.  






I was not amused by the idea of the return hike.  So I decided to take the turn-off to Cannon Beach, Nathan came with me.  Everyone else went back to get the cars.  Nathan and I went a much easier walk into Cannon Beach.  We had a chance to find a restaurant and to sit and relax a while before everyone else showed up.  

Great food Wild & Organic.  Last time I was here it was a tiny place with about 3 tables.  It has really expanded.
After lunch we walked around and poked in the shops.


Then we drove down to Haystack Rock


played in the tide pools

We left a little after 6 pm.  We were going to eat at Mingos in the Round.  We made a reservation for 8 pm.  Rebecca walked there to join us for dinner. We chose it so that Nathan & Robbie could get on the MAX right after dinner.  Since Robbie had been to Venice he was interested in the cicchetti.  But when we got there they could not seat us right away and they were out of the cicchetti, so we went  to the sushi place near there.  Miso Sushi


Some of us are not sushi eaters so we had the Bento boxes.  I had the teriyaki chicken.  It was good.


Long Day.  We got home a little after 10 pm.  




1 comment:

  1. Great pictures as usual. Having my usual problem of being unable to successfully post any comments to your blog from my phone. Hoping being on my computer will work!

    Have been following your fun and enjoying them thoroughly. Great decision on the ice cream deal a couple nights ago - 85 poeple in line!? - no ice cream is worth waiting THAT long for!!

    ReplyDelete