Some mornings just do not have much of a sunrise.
Coffee, breakfast, showers, pack and then it was time to leave. We were allowing enough time for a few little stops. Also Jeanne wanted to be back home before it got dark.
First stop was to drop off the trash. They do not have trash pick up. Then to the Log Cabin for our morning coffee. It was closed! Argh! I guess the owner hurt her back last week and it must not be better yet.
So we went to the Front Porch instead for our coffee.
It was 9 am when we left Ely. Next stop was Tobies' Bakery (not counting restroom stops). I was looking forward to their Cinnamon Roll French Toast. It sure was a pretty drive. Not as brilliant as last year when I was out, but still nice.
We got to Tobies' right at noon, to find that the restaurant was closed for a private party. Hardeys, DQ, McDonalds all closed because not enough workers. The drive through was open with the Taco Bell so we did that. We ate in the car. Not quite the same. After that nothing else was closed. ;-)
I asked Mary Prescott to be the zoom host for the Super Wednesday Zoom. She was ok with that, so once I got on I got her on as host. That worked out great. We could chat while I was in the car. As we got close to the airport I left the zoom and they continue to chat.
Coming into Minneapolis.
Jeanne dropped me off at 2 pm. She should be able to get home before it gets dark. My gate was VERY close this time.
I had time for a glass of wine and time to work on my blog and work on other computer things. Since I was in a restaurant, I did not need to have my mask on.
I got into Portland a little aftr 5 pm. I heard that Jeanne arrived safely at home. I got on the MAX and was at Nathan's by 6:30pm for dinner. George met me there. Then home.














So glad you had a good trip back, too. Great blog!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!
ReplyDelete