Wednesday, January 5, 2022

An Addition to our Home - Meet Cider

After Gemini died, I knew I wanted another cat.  I found that this was not an easy process.  I tried a lot of phone calls.  Then I started following the Oregon Humane Society and other shelters.  They would have kitties available but by the time I requested adoption, they had already been adopted.  I was not having any luck.  So, I decided to check Craiglist.  I found that the kitties advertised we pure breeds and so more expensive or they were too young (6 weeks).  I did not want to pay $1000 for a kitty.  I gave up on Craigslist and had gone back to the sheltrs.  Out of the blue I got a response from one of the Craigslist listings.  10 week old orange kitty!! Exactly what I wanted. We responded right away.  Yipee! She had 3 of them and they were still available. So we picked up Nathan on our way to Vancouver to choose a kitty.  


White paws.                                       Darker coat/less white

Whiter face and chest


 



We sat and played with the 3 kitties.  We were getting so confused.  Finally the owner pointed out that one had a whiter face, one had white front paws and one had very little white.  That helped.  We ended out picking the one with the whiter face and chest.

On the drive home we settled on Cider because of his color.


We started keeping him in our bedroom unless we were watching him.  We were keeping him away from Blance.  Blanca is not amused.  It did not take long for him to take over the whole house.  He is a wild child.  But then he crashes and sleeps.  He sleeps through the night. We are taking pictures of him all the time.  

2 comments:

  1. He is adorable. I guess with more people staying home still, more people are adopting pets. Glad you found him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not take pictures of such a cutie?! Name is perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete