A picture in the motel. Across the USA by license plates
We met Steve at the Range (same place as dinner) at 7:30 am for breakfast. Jennifer did not join us. I treated George and Steve because it was Father's Day. I did not take any pictures. It was sprinkling so George and I went back to the motel to get our jackets. We met Steve at his place and we walked around the neighborhood. But then we said our goodbyes. Steve and Jennifer are both not doing well. They both have major health concerns. But it was 9 am and our flight home wasn't until 7:15 pm. So what to do??!
Millipede, they were all over
We went to the Boca Negra Canyon.
Some examples of the petroglyphs
Looking up. Warning "The Mesa Point Trail is steep and strenuous. Use caution." They weren't kidding.
Looking down. Note the tiny vehicles.
We just did one trail, the Mesa Point Trail.
Then we headed off to the Albuquerque BioPark. This is a combination of a botanic garden and aquarium, all for one price. We wandered through part of the gardens
Miniature train garden. Sometimes they have it running.
Entrance to the Fantasy Garden. We ended out not going in there.
The butterfly garden
After the butterfly garden, we went to go check out from the motel and then returned. The motel was very close to the BioPark.
The Japanese Garden
Conservatory

We went to the Shark Reef Cafe for a sit-down break and lunch.
I had a cheeseburger
Cool Reflection
We could watch the fish while we waited for our food. They were very, very slow!
After lunch, we went to the Aquarium
River Otter
turtles
Jellyfish
tunnel under the fish
Big Sea Turtle
Because of the rain that we had during our visit, we never had the super-hot temperatures. I am very glad. The rain was refreshing.
I think I will send this off now and later do "an arrived safely" addendum when I get home.

































No comments:
Post a Comment