Monday, August 14, 2023

Mt Vernon and home

 I had to be at my volunteer job at 1 pm, so I wanted to be sure to make it home by then.  I thought that the Monday morning Seattle traffic would be terrible.  Google said that it would take us 4 hours. I said 6 hours.  Normally when we go to Debbie and Joe's it is at least 5 hours.  We left Debbie and Joe's at 7 am, to give us plenty of time.

morning view

Seattle

Kalama 

Google was pretty accurate.  It was 4 1/2 hours.  Google didn't know how many stops we would need to make.  Restroom and gas.  My car was getting about 52 miles to the gallon.  Not bad. 

We got home in time for us to unpack before I had to head out to work.  Because of the heat, I was not planning on walking to work.  It is supposed to get up to 106 degrees.  It is 94 degrees right now. Ugh!!

1 comment: