My summer beach weekend in Lincoln City with Joyce Wood, Sharon Johnson, Olivia Behm, Kris Trone, Judy Thomson, and Barbara Schierstein.
Joyce picked me up at 10:30 am on Friday to drive to Sharon's. I had to say goodbye to Dorothy (George's sister), Ed, Madeline, Roman, and Ivan. They had been visiting for the week. Once we had all gathered at Sharon's we headed out. Sharon and Barbara S were in Kris's vehicle, Olivia was with Judy, and I was with Joyce. We left at about 11:15 am. We drove to Parrett Mountain Cellars.
We did the red and white combination flight. We split each carafe between the 7 of us.
Cool building. It was built mostly from one 130 foot cedar that was taken down. The pole in the middle of the main room was the top of the same tree.
Joyce, Sharon, Olivia, Barbara S, me, Judy, Kris
By this time we were all hungry so it was time for lunch. We went to Newbergundian Bistrot.
I ordered the beet salad.
I had half of Joyce's turkey sandwich, gave half of my beet salad to Olivia, and had some of Olivia's fries. Quite the feast. Service was very slow and we were seated outside. It was starting to get warm. Since we did not leave the restaurant until after 2 pm we decided to head directly to the beach house.
Very smokey
We were shocked when we drove to the house. Joyce and I were the first to arrive. We were warned that there was a steep driveway but we did not realize how steep it was. Joyce did not want to drive down. I didn't blame her.
Very treacherous stairs going down beside the driveway. I'm glad they had the stairs but I wish that there had been a railing. Kris did manage to drive down and park in the garage. I was impressed. Judy parked at the top of the driveway behind Joyce's vehicle. It was quite the challenge unloading the vehicles and getting our stuff down the driveway and up the stairs into the house.
The living room
Sharon's room
Joyce and Barbara S's room
Judy's room
Huge master bedroom for Kris and Olivia. The master bathroom was amazing as well.
I got the couch, as usual.
This is a very nice house - once we got inside. 2 and 1/2 bathrooms, and 4 bedrooms. I think that the driveway will prevent us from ever coming here again.
It was after 5:30 pm before we were all in and settled.
To kick off dinner, Sharon served Kir Royales. It is a French-inspired drink of cassis and champagne. She brought a sparkling wine from Ardiri to replace the champagne.
It was very good.
Dinner was also French-inspired. There had been an article in the Oregonian about food to have while watching the Olympics. We all brought various items based on the suggestions. I had made a savory cake with herbs and pancetta (more like bread) and I brought Sancerre wine. We had a variety of cheeses, crudites, charcuteries, breads, spreads, and a caramelized onion gruyere tart. Wow, what a feast. We each took a turn in the kitchen preparing what we had brought after we had finished our kir royales.
The spread
Getting set up just right
My plate.
Dessert station
Beverage station
Another look at the beach and the air pollution from fires. There was no sunset, it just got dark.




































Looks like you're having some excellent food! Just be careful on that driveway!
ReplyDeleteThat driveway is crazy. There should certainly have been a railing! The house itself looks nice.
ReplyDelete