Our living room
Bedroom
Looking down on the lobby from the elevator.
We had a nice complimentary breakfast.
Jamie and Pam picked us up from the hotel at 8:45 am and we drove to the Descanso Gardens. Sharon met us there with Ella and Nicole.
Sharon, Ella, Nicole, and Jamie.
Debbie, Jamie with Nicole, Sharon, Pam
Debbie and Nicole

Debbie, Jamie, and me.
Then it was time for lunch so we headed to Toasted. Debbie and I split a sandwich.
Debbie, Jamie, Pam and I headed off to find a pickleball court.
Pam was trying to get us to play by the rules.
We went to Barnes and Noble to have a treat, then on to Jamie and Pam's place. They had a tree removed and they are in the process of having some landscaping done.
Their front yard.
We went to pick up Sharon so she could have a little break and she joined us for dinner.
I had salmon, mashed potatoes and green beans. It was quite tasty.
They sell a Willamette Valley wine. But Debbie and I each had a Paso Robles wine since that was where our train got delayed.
After dropping off Sharon, we were heading to Jamie & Pam's place. We couldn't turn on their street because it was full of cops, fire trucks, and first responders. We had to park down the street. We were curious so we walked down to see what had happened. Apparently a car flipped over. It was only going about 10 miles per hours. The driver was trapped. She had gone over a curb and hit a tree and flipped over. I have a hard time visualizing how that would happen. They had to cut open the vehicle to get her out and when they had, she walked away. Well I think that they took her to the hospital to be checked out.
Blocked street
I couldn't believe that after getting her out of the car she just wanted to walk away.
After that excitement we went to play 10, 9, 8. Jamie won, as usual.
What a day!!



















.jpg)



.jpg)










At least they won't have to worry about the trees or bushes in their yard burning in the next wildfire, since there's no vegetation at all.
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun day.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun family day...fine form on the court...at least someone knew the pickleball rules...the girls are so adorable...making great memories for them!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day! The front yard does look pretty empty without their tree. I'm glad the car accident victim was okay!
ReplyDelete