We had planned to go to Morning Glory restaurant for breakfast. They had an array of crepes that looked delicious. They did not open until 8 am. We packed up and checked out a little after 8. When we got to the restaurant, we could see that it was a popular place, not just for Sunday brunch but also because of Father's Day. So we turned around and went back to the Wild Goose. We had seen it as we drove past.
Nathan and I split a tomato, spinach, and avocado Benedict. It was tasty, but I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture.
We then drove to the Upper Table Rock trailhead. It was supposed to be a 2 1/2 mile hike round trip.
Looking up was a little daunting.
We saw many oak tree galls, caused by the gall wasp, and the tree's response to the wasp eggs. They were all over. They looked like apples.
Still a long way to go.
Mt McLaughlin
The trees got bigger as we went up. It was nice to have a shady trail.
Wildflowers
No trees at the top.
But great views
Buzzards
I saw a fox, but it was too fast for me to get a picture.
We headed back down after walking around on the top for a while. Going down took quite a bit less time than walking up.
We had estimated it to be about 2 hours, but it was more like 2 1/2 hours. I was ready for lunch and a sit-down. We drove to River's Edge in Grants Pass.
What a nice place to celebrate Father's Day!!
George had the loaded bagel.
Nathan and I had the crepes!! We each got a sweet and savory crepe. They were delicious.
After that, it was time to just drive home. We got back to the house about 6:45 pm. Whew. I am tired now. George fixed dinner, and now we are relaxing.


































Looks fun a fun-filled weekend all around!
ReplyDeleteThe food looks delicious
ReplyDelete