Madeline made waffles, two types: Belgian and Norwegian. She used a different batter for each one. They were both good.
Pumpkin on their doorstep
Charging the Tesla. They have to unplug the dryer to charge the vehicle.
It had taken us a while to come up with a plan for today but once decided we moved pretty quickly. We decided to go to Leavenworth. Roman was staying home. We took 2 cars. We were packed up and on the road by 9 am. Not bad.
The first stop was the Iron Goat Trail.
I can't say that it was the best weather for a walk.
It was a beautiful trail
Am I having fun yet??
We did not walk the trail as long as we had thought that we would. Oh well. The steady rain was a deterrent, plus it was cold. I had not worn the proper clothes for rain. My shoes and socks were drenched. At least I had my rain pants on.
We headed off to Leavenworth. While driving we were trying to come up with a restaurant plan. We decided on the Rhein Haus. We wanted to get some German food.
First we were seated outside with the heaters but it wasn't too long before they could move us inside.
I went with the currywurst (bratwurst with curry ketchup), crispy onions, beer cheese fondue, and fries. What a meal. I couldn't eat it all.
Cozy place.
Then we headed off to check in to the Alpine Rivers Inn.
View of the river from our room.
Once we had gotten settled, Madeline, Ivan, George, Nathan, and I went to check out the Alpine coaster. Madeline drove.
I signed up for 1 ride and Nathan for 2. Madeline and Ivan were going to wait and decide. George was just watching.
Nathan had the controls.
Me and Nathan
Great views at the top, if we could only stop to take pictures. Plus it was foggy.
Once we got back we talked Madeline and Ivan into doing it as well.
Madeline & Ivan
Nathan went with them for his 2nd ride.
Madeline & Ivan
Nathan
We tried to get pictures when they came in at the end but it was getting dark and the reflection on the glass made the pictures blurry.
There was a sample car which Ivan could sit in. I think that he liked this a whole lot more than the actual Alpine Coaster.
When we got back to the hotel we played a round of Uno until it was time to go for dinner.
We picked Prusik.





























.jpg)











Transported to Europe in Washington - what a cute town! Too bad the weather left something to be desired!
ReplyDelete