This morning at Oh-Dark-Thirty I drove Rebecca to the airport. I know she got on the plane here. Hopefully she will make it home ok. It has messed up a lot of things for her. She had to call work and tell them that she would not be in. She had to change her nursing program to sometime in the fall instead. That was the most disappointing thing. You are not allowed to miss the first class - no exceptions. The real disappointing thing is that if she had gone ahead and gotten on her original flight she would have made it home ok because her connecting flight had also been delayed. Hindsight!!
Monday, May 7, 2012
Monday, May 7
Yesterday we all went to church. Wilhelm was still at the bicycle racing weekend. It is a work weekend for him. After church they had an all church Spring Cleaning Event and potluck. I had Tristan duty while Laura, Rebecca and Jeanne cleaned. Liam and Emmet slept. The potluck was good - as usual. It was pouring when we left. I was drenched by the time I got to the car. Liam and Emmet took turns being upset all afternoon. We left Laura with them to take Rebecca to the airport. Tristan came with us. Just as we got home we got a call from Rebecca. Flights were being canceled right and left. Her flight was delayed and she would miss her connection. It took them a while to finally book her on something else. So Jeanne and I drove back to the airport - with Tristan to go get Rebecca. We had had dinner while she was arranging flights. Laura made a delicious Leek and Ham soup. I will have to get the recipe from her for that. When Rebecca got back she had some of the soup as well. Strawberries and ice cream hit the spot afterwards. Wilhelm finally got home about 10pm . He showed us a picture someone took of Tristan doing a wheelie at the bike racing event. They have times that people can ride who are not racing and a time for kids to try. Tristan has a cool bike that he rides. His feet reach the ground. In Germany they do not believe in training wheels but have these bikes instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment