Thursday, December 26, 2013

"our" Christmas Dec 26

the luminarias were lit right outside our window last night

Nathan was feeling better after a good night sleep.  Christmas morning started around 7 am. Sharon, you may get a kick out of this - Nathan came down saying "Not a lot of zoo cats now".  Took me awhile.  I am just slow (notalotza zu katza zao - merry Christmas in Marathi).

We did our usual routine of stockings and then sticky buns.  I was alittle disappointed in the sticky buns.  I added some time due to the high altitude but not enough so they were underdone so then I cranked up the heat and added more time - and then they were burnt.  Oh well.  They tasted good but not very picture worthy.

Then we did gifts by the fire. It did not seem to warm up the place, though.  We relaxed a bit and then cleaned up before going to a nature park for a walk.


We went to see "Frozen"  which I really enjoyed and then we joined Steve and Jennifer for dinner at the Holy Cow.  I had a very good child's sized burger.  

Home to play a card game and then off to bed.  All in all a very nice Christmas day.  Rebecca got a nice gift from Patty.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice day and I love the fire lol. I know a few people in LA who had a fire like that on Christmas because apparently it was quite warm here.

    ReplyDelete