Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday afternoon

After lunch we drove into town.  We went to an Emporium with a lot of little shops in it.  Antiques and new.  Fun.  Cheerwine is famous around here.  I guess it is a cherry cola. 


Sharon I took this for you.  A lot of flamingos. 

A famous mural.  

MJ drove us around to look at all the old mansions.  They were amazing.

We stopped for lunch at the East Company and Wing.  It was very good.  Started with homemade kettle chips.  yummy.  

Strawberries are ripe now so we bought a flat.

Then we went wine tasting


Marcki

MJ, Barbara, Jeanne, Marckie

Mike had a flight of beer but the rest of us had wine.

Mike

Jay

Then home.  We all pitched in to make dinner.  It wend quickly with everyone helping

African Chicken Peanut Soup

Jeanne

Marckie making her famous salad

Dinner.  It was all very tasty.(even if I do say so myself)
After dinner we played a game of 99.  I won!! surprise, surprise!  Topped off the evening with strawberries and ice cream.  

1 comment: