Tuesday, September 23, 2014
A Typical Day
Once I decide that I may as well get up then I get up and feed the cats, set the table for breakfast, fix my iced coffee. I like my coffee either hot or cold - not lukewarm. Since I have to drink it through a straw I have gone with cold. Then I finally face the chair. The bane of my existence. My day starts. I check my email, download my work recommendations. Then I answer emails and do my blog and get started with my work. Because the chair is so uncomfortable I take many and very frequent pacing breaks. Breakfast and my shower are 2 longer breaks. Plus 4 times a day I get to stand up straight and put drops in my left eye. When I totally can't stand it any more I lie down on the couch again and listen to an audio book. Then it is back to the chair again. Yesterday was especially long because I did not have company during the day. But that made happy hour company especially enjoyable. I have gotten at least 3,000 steps in each day. Have not managed to hit 4,000 yet. Standing up or sitting down it is getting very fatiguing to keep my head in the face down position. I have found that it is difficult to talk to people when I can't have eye contact. My little mirror helps me but I think that it is hard for people to talk to me for the same reason. Anyway, I have appreciated the people who have made time to come visit me. The day progresses pretty much the same way. By evening I am ready to just zone out watching TV or a movie. I can have my glass of wine - yes, I have to use a straw - but hey, whatever works. Bedtime and I shift to the couch again. Another long night with very little sleep. And so it goes. I am counting down the days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sure wine via a straw is just fine but I know you will be happy when you can drink it the regular way!
ReplyDelete