We had a leisurely morning at the hotel. Nathan had some work to do.
Around 11 am Susan (George's cousin) picked us up. Linda had walked here. So we all went to the Dumbarton Oaks Museum. It has a combination of Byzantine art at one end and Pre-Columbian at the other.
Around 11 am Susan (George's cousin) picked us up. Linda had walked here. So we all went to the Dumbarton Oaks Museum. It has a combination of Byzantine art at one end and Pre-Columbian at the other.
mosaic not quilt
And the pre-Columbian
Nathan
Linda
Then we went for lunch
Nice French restaurant. We had great sandwiches, soups, salads. But the best was the desserts
Nathan and Linda shared this
I had the big cup on the right, Linda had the baby espresso.
Then we went back to Dumbarton Oaks Gardens
the l'orangerie. Sharon & Kris do you recognize this?
fun to see this place again. I feel like we whizzed through it when I was here years ago.
Cousin Susan and George
blooming quince.
It was raining pretty much on and off all day. Susan dropped Linda off and then George, Nathan & I off . We got a few things done. Then Nathan and George have been helping me to go through my India pictures to try to reduce the number in my file to show. They are ruthless. "...but, but, this picture shows ...",
At 6:30 pm we went to pick up Linda to go to dinner.
This was a wine bar with very good food. we stuck with the salads and appetizers. They sure were yummy.
we all shared the Parmesan frites. We had a a bottle of Valpolacella. Then we went back to Linda's apartment to play some card games. That was fun. We taught Linda how to play 10-9-8 and she managed to beat us all.
Sounds like a great day! I like the photo of the blooming quince and the desserts look wonderful! Just might have to try that restaurant the next time we are in DC....
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had another fun day! I had to look up my old photos from our April 2008 trip to jog my memory of Dumbarton Oaks Garden - that was the place the beautiful wisteria was in full bloom - I had never seen anything like it before!
ReplyDeleteFun to see the photos of Dumbarton Oaks. Haven't had a chance to review the photos, but I do remember going there. Very nice. Looks like you have also been dining well!
ReplyDelete