Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wed March 16

This trip has been tough on Nathan because he still has a bunch of school details to finish up and we are here demanding his attention.  We have been fitting in some fun stuff.

Breakfast at the B & B, Nathan & I decided to try the special.  It was called the Southern Breakfast Bowl.  Grits topped with grilled vegetables, poached eggs, asiago cheese and crumbled bacon (Nathan had it without the bacon).   It was an interesting combination but not one I am likely to get again.  

George and I walked around the Duke Pond, or what Nathan calls the lagoon, while Nathan got some work done.  We got pretty close to a heron, before it flew off.


Then we headed off to the Eno State Park and walked the Laurel Ridge Trail.  Very pretty.  

I was surprised at how little underbrush there was.  



We walked to the quarry and then around it.  People come here to swim.  

A lot of turtles. 


vulture, what was it waiting for? 
We went to Parker and Otis for lunch.  A fabulous place.  I would come back. It was a soup/sandwich/salad place.  

very good tangerine beer

A lot of murals around
Then we went to Nathan's place.  

They are cat sitting a very adorable 3 month old kitten

We went on a walk around the neighborhood and then back to the school for another errand for Nathan.  Then we drove to Briar Creek for dinner.  Nell and Joe joined us.  This is a mall which is half way between Durham and Raleigh. Lots of food opportunities.  We picked an Indian restaurant.  I thought it was very good.  


grilled Salmon

Tandoori chicken

An Indian wine - Sula Shiraz

We sat outside for dinner.  Very pleasant.  I could definitely eat here again.  
What a nice day.  




2 comments:

  1. Awww the kitten is so cute :) Looks like you are having wonderful weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to find a Sula wine in the states!

    ReplyDelete