We tried a different coffee shop this morning. It was more expensive and the coffee was not anything special. So instead of having breakfast there Debbie, Joe and I decided on Sam' Social Club for breakfast. It was one we had unsuccessfully tried to make a dinner reservation.
I had an egg, corn barrata (cheese) dish that was quite good.
There was a labyrinth close that we walked. That was fun.
Then we divided up. Some people went to rent bikes to cycle out to the Old Faithful Geyser of Calistoga. Steve, Jennifer, Joe, Debbie and I drove out to the Old Faithful Geyser.
cute baby goat - only 5 days old
Where the geyser is
Note, the evil eyes, Joyce this picture is for you.
here it goes
quite a sight.
seen one geyser, seen them all
the Chateau Montelane was close so we went so that I could take some pictures. It was a beautiful place
after everyone got back to the hotel we picked a place for lunch. Brannan's
quite the sandwich
quite the mouthful
after lunch we went back and did our afternoon swim. Then Jamie and Pam had to take Sharon to the Santa Rosa airport to send her off.
While they were gone we went to one of the wine tasting places, Romeo's. We tasted enough to each pick a wine we wanted to drink and then we sat outside and relaxed. Very nice ambiance.
Fun place to hang out
My attempts at an arty shot
Nathan gave me a hard time by taking his picture. Then we headed to dinner.
French Creole cuisine.
heirloom tomatoes, grilled green tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. very good.
steak frites for me.
It is waxing towards a full moon.
Some of us did not have the ice cream after dinner. Then we went back to Jamie and Pam's and relaxed. We are not likely to see Steve and Jennifer in the morning. They will head off to Sacramento airport. Debbie and Joe will leave around 7 pm to go to Santa Rosa airport. Hard to believe that our time together is winding down. Indian, Italian, Californian, American and French foods. A lot of local wines. Some tours. A lot of relaxing by the pool. Trying to stay cool during the afternoons especially. Ice cream, ice cream and more ice cream. Hiking, biking ans swimming. I think we actually did quite a bit.






I like your photos. LOL on Nathan's photo.
ReplyDeleteYou really packed a lot into the four days! I like the arty wine shot too. Looks like you had a nice balance between the wine experiences and non-wine experiences. Not to mention the food. A great getaway and family visiting time!
ReplyDelete