Saturday, May 27, 2017

Saturday in Boston

We are on the 8th floor and I have been very good to use the stairs going down.  Luckily the doors will not let us take the stairs going UP.  My calves are sore from just going down.


Debbie, Joe and I walked to Starbucks and Jamie joined us.  It was very close.  We tried to decide where to go for breakfast.  We finally picked Mr Dooley's but it did not open until 9 am so we went back to the hotel to wait.  Then we went back for an Irish breakfast.  I, of course, had the Irish Eggs Benedict.  I forgot to take a picture before I removed the English Muffin.  oh well.

Then we all gathered and walked down to the Aquarium to join the rest of the group for the HOHO bus tour.  We stayed on the whole way but some of the others got off.



sisters & 1 brother

some scenes from the tour





once we got back to the beginning.  We got of and went for our harbor cruise - that was fun.





center of Quincy Market where there was some seating.

lunch


After the cruise we went to the Quincy Marker for lunch.  Some people just had ice cream for lunch. I had Indian food.  Then we meandered our way back to the hotel.  I got my new battery
Debbie, Linda, Nathan & I went to find a place with ambiance where we could sit outside and have a glass of wine.  We found a nice place near Feneuil Hall.  We have that route pretty memorized now.


Nathan was giving me a hard time with my wine and reflections attempts.


Note Nathan & Linda in the reflection of Debbie's glasses

We sat and listened to some street musicians.  We regrouped again.  This time Pam, Joe, Nathan, George and I started walking to dinner early so that we could go by way of the Boston Commons.  This did not work quite according to plan.  We have been getting letters and calls about our car rentals for tomorrow.  Roads will be closed due to the half marathon.  So Pam went off to deal with Alamo and the rest of us kept walking in a liesurely fashion. We followed the Freedom Trail some.  

Pam & Joe met us at the Boston Commons.  But we were left with less time to wander through the Commons 


we wander through the park





Then we hurried to the restaurant.  I did not get a good picture.  It was very loud and crowded.  At first we thought that we did not have a reservation but then I called Rachel and found that it was just under a different name.  22 people.  It was a little confusing but once the food came we found it to be delicious.  We ordered way too much.   Sue joined us at our table.  I have not had much time to connect with Rachel.

We stopped at a wine & spirits shop right near our old Stay Alfred Apartment.  Nathan & Linda bought a bottle of port for us to share.  So we gathered in the "library" for wine and chocolate.  It is handy that they have this room where we can meet.  It is quiet and comfortable.  Rebecca has had the flu and has been sick and in her room all day.  So we have not seen much of her.  I hope that she feels ok to go to the wedding tomorrow.  


Linda came to the room to learn how to put a sari on.  





5 comments:

  1. I like the wine photo with the reflection. I enjoyed the tour and cruise, and dinner was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and thanks for introducing me to port :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day! I liked the sisters pic and the pictures in the Public Garden. Looks like the swan boats were up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool for you to see some of the same things in Boston only in the Spring instead of the Fall. I was impressed with your wine glass picture (Nathan is just jealous 😊).

    ReplyDelete