We left O'Fallon, Missouri, this morning at about 8:30 am to head out to Columbia, MO to visit 2 more of Jeanne's friends. Bea & Barb, are 2 amazing women who lead boundary water canoe trips for women. They decided to retire from that when they were in their 70s and people would not let them carry their own canoes!! They are in their 90s now.
Both are very delightful people. Barb's daughter, Donna, helped to coordinate our lunch. We left there about 1 pm and headed north. We drove through Iowa.
Note the baby VW next to the full sized one.
We had the most round about connection from going north on US 63 to I 35. But we made it. Once we got on I 35 we stopped for a quick dinner at Arbys.
We got to the hotel in St Paul, Minnesota, about 9:45 pm. A long day.
What a fun trip! I am impressed by those ladies who retired in their 70's :)
ReplyDelete