Laura, Wilhelm, Tristan, Emmet & Liam arrived about 1:30 am and went straight to bed. Jeanne and I had a nice walk to the Township Hall and back, about 2 miles. Jeanne doesn't really have a good walking route. She just walks along side of the highway. Luckily it is not that busy of a road.
We did not see them until later in the morning. We started the day with a yummy pancake breakfast and then game playing.
The town hall is not in the downtown area at all. I guess it is for the county.
We did not see them until later in the morning. We started the day with a yummy pancake breakfast and then game playing.
Liam (L) and Emmet (R)
Tristan
Wilhelm & Laura
Emmet, Liam & Jay
Then we went into town to run some errands.
After lunch we went out to the quarry to collect rocks for the church landscaping project.
Emmet is a big help
We had instructions of the correct size of rocks to collect.
Mostly they had fun climbing.
They are fearless.
Our vehicle full of rocks.
We then took them to the church to drop them off.
A hot day of rock carrying (and climbing)
Jay and Laura took the kids home so that they could go swimming and boating. Jeanne and I went to the custard place for ice cream/custard. Today's flavor was black raspberry.
I had a root beer float with the famous (around here) Dorothy Molter's root beer.
note the types of cones.
a woodpecker
local wildlife
Kids having fun in the boat. I don't think that they got anywhere fast.
After boating and fishing they went swimming off the pier. Bath time and then they started a movie while Jeanne and Jay fixed dinner.
watching the movie
Now how do you work this thing??
Actually, Jay is really quite the chef. I always enjoy his meals. Tonight it was pork chops. We had steamed red potatoes, carrots, dinner rolls & apple sauce. Yummy.
Jeanne and I did a puzzle while the kids finished the movie.
Once the kids went to bed, the wine, bailey's, and dessert came out.
So Grandma goes for ice cream and doesn't take the kids along :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, wow, the kids are growing up fast!
ReplyDelete