George took me to the airport for my annual trip to Minnesota, to visit Jeanne. We left the house at 4:30 am!! Once I went through security, I stood in line for coffee. It was a long line. By the time I got my coffee it was time to board. It was an uneventful flight. I bought breakfast on the flight.
Jeanne met my plane in Minneapolis. We timed it perfectly. She just had to do one loop around the airport before I got out to the curb.
It was about a 4 hour drive to Itasca State Park. We have reservations at the lodge for 2 nights. It was lightly raining the whole drive but it stopped once we got to the park.
We have a room on the upper level of the lodge. It is just a room. We have to go down the hall to the restrooms/showers.
our room
Once got got settled in we decided to drive out of the park again, to a liquor store to buy some wine for tonight. It is handy to be right by the church. It seems like bars and churches are often close together. Nothing else around.
We checked out the park gift shops and then we went to the lodge restaurant for dinner. Dinner was good.
I had the pork medallions, wild rice, sweet potato fries and green beans (which they for got to bring at first). The sweet potato fries and the green beans were especially good. After dinner we had some of the wine we had bought and relaxed.








Glad you're enjoying your meals and wine. :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun first day!
ReplyDelete