
A flicker near the geranium
Saturday is trash day. They have to take all their garbage and recycling to this place. They pay for however many garbage bags they want for then next time. Usually it is 1 bag at a time. Currently the trash days are Wednesdays and Saturdays. During the summer it is open 3 days a week. They pay a flat rate for either the small bag or more for the large bag. They are allowed more things in their recycling. That is free. The person who works there sits at the white building waiting for people to come buy trash bags. It looks like a very exciting job.
I asked Jeanne if there was something scenic that we could do that would not entail her walking much. So she decided to take me on a lake tour.
This ls part of the White Iron Chain but it is Garden Lake. It is a close and easy place to put the canoe into the water.
Fall Lake is the first lake that Jay brought Jeanne to, when they were dating. This started the tradition that people had to pass the Ely test before they could become part of the Tomlinson family. The tradition has passed on down to the next generation.

Great fall colors
Moose Lake is the lake the boys scouts all used for all of their canoeing trips.
Note the white caps. It was a little windy. Not a lot of fall colors here.
These grouse just aren't shy at all. It posed at the side of the road, while I tried to get a picture. Luckily there was no traffic.
Lake 1 is a good fishing lake. Lake 1 is connected to Lakes 2, 3 and 4. All the rest of the lakes have regular names.
Today was a warmer day.
Bicycle Art
In fact it was warm enough to sit out on the front deck with our Smirnoff Ice.
I had fun trying to take a picture of a butterfly. It just wouldn't sit still. I was surprised to see a live butterfly. I would have thought that it was too cold.
It was time to head into town. We had a few errands and then we were going to watch "The Personal History of David Copperfield" movie. We did our errands and we were still early for the movie so we stopped in at the small art gallery/store.
Note the sign. You can pay to have a special note put up for a day.
Note the sign for Jay's birthday last week.
Zup's Market.
This is the local grocery store. This is also where I get my annual supply of Zup's seasoning. We stopped in for a few essentials after the movie.
We had a great dinner of chili and cornbread and margaritas. Then we worked on the puzzle some more.























Nice that you and Night Furry are getting along well.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to have a greeting on the theater sign...hole Jay got to see it before he left town...or a photo would tell him the story if not! Lovely to be able to sit outside this late in the season!
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful there!
ReplyDeleteI think it's based on the Charles Dickens book, not the 1935 film...
ReplyDeleteGreat lake shots!
I remember our father, your grandfather, taking us to the movie David Copperfield. It was black and white at the Bexley theater in Columbus. I don't remember much else. I remember that he took Rob and your Dad to see Moby Dick which I thought was a cartoon, but I was too young to go along and was angry about that. I wonder if it was the 1935 film...I think it might have been. There aren't that many films with that title.
ReplyDelete