Saturday, August 14, 2021

Saturday at the Beach

The theme of this house seems to be mermaids.






 We had a very relaxing morning. It looked like another foggy day.
We took a nice walk on the beach.





This beach was pretty crowded so we decided to go check out the beach by the Wave Watcher.  It was much better, but still a lot of people.


I like tidepools




I found my starfish, but my shoes got a little wet getting to it.  
Quite foggy
Lunch time!! Very frustrating. All the places we wanted to go were either closed or not answering or they were completely booked. We left the house at 12:30 pm. To go to the Wildflower Grill.  That was one that was not answering.   The restaurant was maybe 15 minutes away.  We got our name on the the list and waited.  


Olivia and Kris

Judy and Joyce

Lots of nice flowers.

So true.

We finally were seated at 1:45 pm.  

clam chowder



My cheeseburger 

View out back


We left at 3 pm.  

We picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza on the way home. That takes care of dinner.

Back to the house for naps. We all found different ways to relax.

We cooked the pizza and ate around 7:30 pm.  Then I showed the Montréal-Québec City pictures I had been working on.  That was fun to relive our list trip.

This was a very relaxing, low-key weekend.  Temperature-wise the weekend has been great.  The fog certainly decreased beach visibility and no sunset. The time sure goes by quickly.

Another fun beach weekend.

4 comments:

  1. A long wait to be seated. Lots of people left Portland to get cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a very fun and relaxed weekend...so happy for the cool weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised about the difficulty finding lunch spots, I had the same problem when I went to the beach, when it was boiling in Portland - everyone else had the same idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice day except for that looong wait. Smart idea to get pizza for dinner!

    ReplyDelete