Monday, September 20, 2021

Sunday - Adding Insult to Injury

Car dilemmas continue.  My flight to Portland was on Tuesday and the Subaru would not be fixed until Wednesday.  This would mean that Jeanne would have to borrow a car to drive me to the airport.  She does fine with the manual transmission on short jaunts but 5 hours times 2 would be too long in the Hyundai.  This is one place that Jeanne has noticed a change due to Guillain-Barre. She used to love driving a manual transmission vehicle.  Her friend Margie was planning on going into Duluth on Wednesday anyway, so we came up with the plan of my changing my flight to Portland to Wednesday instead of Tuesday.  Then I would go with Jeanne on Wednesday to Duluth to get the Subaru and then we would drive to the airport from there.  I called Delta and made the change.  No change fees at least.  

After breakfast we headed to church in time for choir rehearsal and then church.  Ely seems to be a no mask community.  They have had very few Covid cases here.

Rehearsal

Singing

After church we walked to the Boathouse for lunch.  There were 11 of us. I had wanted to check out Southminster's service on zoom.  This was a little awkward at the restaurant.  I had an earbud.  The main thing I wanted to check out was the handbell performance.  To see how they did without me.  We were almost done with lunch when the bells came on.  I stepped outside to listen.  It was very difficult to hear on zoom, because there is no mic over by the bells.  After lunch we went to do a quick stop at the grocery store for a few items.  One embarrassing thing was that somewhere during this time I got unmuted.  I was muted at the beginning. I had made sure of that.  People kept typing in the chat for me to mute myself.  Of course, I did not see that because I was just listening.  Also the chat box does not open up on the phone like it does on the computer.  I was in the grocery store and I got a call from Marsha telling me to mute myself!! Then I checked the chat box and my texts to see how many people had told me to mute myself.  Boy, was I embarrassed. The host should have muted me but they were not paying attention.  Oh well.  

We got home and changed so that we could go to the Kawishiwi Falls.  



 
Kawishiwi Falls this year

2019.  What a difference!!


The water level was very low this year.


As we were heading home Jeanne noticed that her mail box had been hit!!  Argh!! What else could go wrong (no, I am not really asking).  We tried straightening it out a bit.  Then went back for some tools to remove the door since it was sticking out.  A neighbor came by and offered to try to straighten out the door.  Amazing neighbors.  We found a piece of a rear view mirror on the side of the road.  So someones car was damaged by this incident as well.

It was now time to relax.  We needed to put our feet up.  We sat on the deck overlooking the bay with our Smirnoffs.  Ah, what a life.  I found the Sunday service on YouTube so I could listen to the bells properly.  

Jeanne made cheeseburgers for dinner.  Yummy.  

We decided to watch a movie, "Luca" was enjoyable.  I had seen it before but Jeanne had not.  I checked out the moon.  It was more hazy so the moon was not so clear.  I am glad that I got the pictures  when I did.


PS. An update on the cool Coravin wine gadget.  It appears that each compressed air cartridge goes for one bottle of wine. That is a downside.   It would be intended for people that did not plan to drink the whole bottle, so the intermittent drinkers.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about all the problems yesterday. I hope today will be better, and that Jeanne's car gets fixed O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well the rest of the trip and that it's problem free ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new compressed air cartridge for every bottle of wine??? That sounds like a terrible invention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. It is a terrible invention. Especially since it cost $51 plus tax and shipping for a box of 6 cartridges!! But it was fun playing with it.

      Delete