Rebecca dropped us off at the MAX station at noon. We just missed the airport MAX but it was not a long wait for the next one. It is pretty much an hour ride to the airport. We waved at Nathan's apartment as we went by. We got to the airport in plenty of time to go through security. I had TSA Pre check. I did not even need to show my boarding pass, just my driver's license. Very slick. No A concourse any more just B and C on one end and D and E on the other. Also, they no longer have a connection between the two ends so you have to make sure that you go to the correct concourse.
Still signs of construction and plans. I don't know when they hope to have it all completed.
We left about 15 minutes late which means that we got to Albuquerque late. But everything moved smoothly. It was an uneventful flight. It also was not full.
Look at that rain cloud.
Yesterday it was 99 degrees in Albuquerque and today when we landed it was 66 degrees and raining.
Looks like a fun thing to do, as long as the pilot is not also drinking.
We took the shuttle to the rental car place and got our "compact" vehicle, our Ford Escape!! We headed off to the restaurant High Noon where we were meeting Steve and Jennifer. We were delayed slightly because we took a wrong turn and had to recalculate. Sometimes freeways are so confusing. If you don't get in the correct lane you have to pay the consequences.
They had appetizer waiting for us. I guess they had been waiting a while.
My margarita was delicious
Jennifer and Steve
George and I split the Three Sisters Veggie Burrito (Wrapped in fresh flour tortilla.
Filled with zucchini, squash, beans, corn, sweet peppers, rice, and a 3-cheese blend.
Served with chips and guacamole on the side.) It was yummy.
High Noon Restaurant and Saloon
Cool fireplace in the entryway
After dinner, we went to check in at the Econo Lodge. We got there at 9 pm.
Very nice room
I thought ahead and bought this wine in the Made in Oregon shop at the airport. George forgot to bring his hot chocolate.












The food looks good! Glad you arrived safely.
ReplyDelete