Sunday, October 2, 2022

Ely to Bayfeild on Sunday

The instructions from my coffee water heater company were to unscrew the base and take a picture.  I am not sure why.  But I did that.

Anyway, I guess I am getting a new one next week.

Morning breakfast

Argh, I still tested positive.  But I guess after 6 days I am no longer contagious. I hope.

We left the house around 9:30am, just after Jay left for church.  

We saw this buck just as we were leaving.  

We headed towards Duluth, first.  We went the scenic route.  

This area had been burned with the Greenwood Lake fire just this May. 


After Duluth we crossed into Wisconsin.

We entered Superior where we had lunch


I had a cheeseburger and Jeanne had 1/2 sandwich and soup.

Note  the sign.  Quite the combination of items.

Lake Superior.  We were having a little rain. Note the muddy looking water.



We decided to check Twin Falls, Port Wing, WI


I went behind the falls.  I guess in the spring it is more impressive.

Fun walk.  We had to cross the stream several times, which was a challenge.  It was only about a 1/2 mile walk total.

Whee.  Jeanne was having fun driving.


Family of turkeys crossing the road

Lost Creek Falls, Cornucopia, WI











A much more impressive falls.  It was worth the 3 mile walk.


WOW!! Stunning

Apostle Island Campgrounds. These are fun cabins for camping.  I guess there is also a covered wagon.    




We stopped to take pictures then headed to our place.

We arrived at Lucy's Place, our AirBnB

Apollo greeted us

Our room



Cute little room 
Jeanne is checking out the tub.  We did not realize that there was no shower.

Once we unloaded our stuff we went to buy wine.  We brought it back to the room.  Then we walked to dinner 









Austin Miller is quite the artist

View of the lake from the restaurant


Delicious house salad with a maple vinaigrette.

I had a Tempranillo

Jeanne's shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo

My steak, carrots, and garlic mashed potatoes.

Fun to watch the lights coming on.

A cool looking inn all lit up

Ahh.  Relaxing with our wine and our computers.

2 comments: