Saturday, December 2, 2023

Albuquerque

Debbie and I decided that it would be nice to go visit Steve & Jennifer.

 Debbie drove down to an airport hotel near Seatac Thursday afternoon so that she cold get the early flight to Portland.  Even still she had to get up at 3 am to get to her flight.  Friday morning at 6:30 am George drove me to the airport.  I wanted to get there in time to meet Debbie's flight.  I had a little issue.  I got there early enough that I decided to go to the Made in Oregon shop.  I thought it was on the D concourse.  I thought that I could take the connector hall over to D.  I was on B.  But no, I found out that the Made in Oregon was on C.  But I found that out after I had left B.  So I had to go through security again.  This time they did not like my coffee maker.  The food court was also over on C so I texted Debbie to tell her to meet me there.  That worked out well.  We had a nice breakfast at Henry's Tavern.  We each had the classic breakfast, eggs, bacon, biscuit/toast.  It was tasty.  It was too early in the morning so I wasn't thinking about pictures.

Portland Airport
See the fighter jet in the background.  We saw about 4 of them take off as we were boarding plane.    THEY WERE LOUD!!!

Debbie got photo bombed.
Me and Debbie

The flight was uneventful.

Albuquerque

Snow on the Sandia Mountains

Steve met our flight.  

We went to his place, Jennifer was there.  It was nice to catch up a little.

Steve had a picture of mom's family.
Grandma, David, Mom, Grandpa, and Florence.  

Grandma (Barbara) was step-mom to David and mom. After Florence there were two more siblings, Paul & Eleanor.

We then headed to the Embassy Suites to check in.  
Debbie with our rental car, Mazda.  Debbie did the driving.

Embassy Suites

At 5 pm we headed off to have dinner at Perry's, our niece.     It was nicely decorated.


Willa (3 years old)

Debbie, Steve, Jennifer, Perry

Wyatt (5 years old)

Delicious lasagna and salad dinner.




Jennifer brought a Chantilly cake which was gorgeous and delicious.  I thought I had taken a picture of it, but I guess it didn't turn out. 

Perry's husband Dan, wasn't there because he had to work.  He is a doctor.  When they first moved to Albuquerque, his job was in Santa Fe.  But now his job is at a hospital about 12 minutes drive away.  That is much nicer.

We did not hang around long because it was bath and bedtime for the kids.  We stopped at the Embassy Suites bar to each get a glass of wine to take up to our room.   

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely family dinner...what a nice way to start your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice time at Perry's. I'm guessing the dogs stayed outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you got to see Perry and the kids!

    ReplyDelete