Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Navi Mumbai, day 2

 


Sunrise is about 1/2 an hour later in Mumbai than it was in Kodai.  


Nice breakfast

I don't know what ABC juice is. (Apple, Beetroot, Carrot)

At 1 pm we headed over to Rebecca's for lunch.  She was taking the dogs for a walk when we got there.  She takes one and then the other.  We joined her.  They just go around the block.  We went in to her place for a nice lunch.  Our driver was Deepak today.  He was a less aggressive driver than Shekhar had been the day before.
Banyon Tree

Taking water somewhere

Marry's favorite restaurant - McDonalds.

Leo

Royal

Nice lunch of Poha

We saw some interesting artwork on the way to the mall.

Not sure about the lines at this intersection.  

The mall was quite large, It had 4 levels.  Lots of different stores.  
We used to get all of our shoes at Bata

Food Court

Little kids could ride these cars around for a couple of minutes.  Natu really enjoys riding them.

Like the Made in Oregon Store in Portland.  

Jeanne, note the sweatshirt!!

After wandering around we went into Starbucks.  



New to Starbucks, Filter Coffee.  Whee.  I was happy.

They have a different array of food items than what I am used to.  

I wanted to buy a bottle of red wine with a screw top so that I could take it with me.  It would not need to be refrigerated. I could buy a glass of wine with room service at the hotel, but I know there will not be any available in Miraj.  We looked in the mall with no luck.  Then Rebecca said that the best place to buy wine was at the 7 - 11 close to her.  So we stopped there.


A lot of street art


It was hard to take pictures as we drive by.  Too much traffic.

We dropped Rebecca off and went back to the hotel.  At 6:30 pm we went back to Rebecca's.  Some of Rebecca's housemates are Muslim and they were just ready to break their fast.  They had quite a feast set up. I guess they had it brought in.

Marry, Shahrukh, Sultan (joined Rebecca to Mahabalipuram)

Guru is the one on the left.  He was in Mahabalipuram with Rebecca and Marry, Abhishek on the right.

Sultan and Shahrukh live in the apartment with Marry, Najma, Gra'ma, Rebecca, and 2 dogs. 

While they were eating we took the 2 dogs for a walk (one after the other) and then Rebecca showed us where she used to live.  She did a little grocery shopping on the way back to the apartment.  
See the cats on the motor scooters

By then Marry and Guru were ready to join us to dinner. We went back to the mall to Soy Street Restaurant.  It is a Pan Asian Fusion restaurant.  Because of traffic it took almost 45 minutes to get there.  
"Uber Eats"

Marry, Rebecca, Guru

Marry with her mock Pina colada

Guru with his mock drink.  I am not sure what he ordered.

Spring rolls

sushi
More sushi

Pad Thai

Rice Bowl

I did not have the sushi and everything else was spicy.  There was a lot to take home.  Not called a doggy bag, but parcel it up.  They even parceled up the 2 mocktails.  

Guru and Marry headed home on their own.  We dropped Rebecca off (it took about 10 minutes) 

The neighborhood near Rebecca is called Flamingo City.  There are a lot of flamingos around (not live).  Which came first - the neighborhood name or all the statues or paintings of flamingos. 




It only got up to 91 today instead of 101 degrees we had yesterday.  We went back to the hotel.  I could relax with my glass of wine.  I wanted to stay up to do a zoom call at 11:30 pm.  



Fratelli wine.  I had to get this wine because in 2016 we went to this winery.  Sula and Grover are the other 2 wine brands that we had before.  The Sula seems to be the most common around here.


I did manage to stay up to have the zoom chat with my Super Wednesday Group.  Jeanne also joined zoom even though she wasn't part of that group.  That was nice.  But at 12:30 pm I had to say goodbye.   

3 comments:

  1. Nice you had a less aggressive driver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another varied day...nice you were able to spend time with everyone, especially Rebecca...interesting street art and international stores and fast food places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive dedication, joining your Wednesday group from India! The food looks good. I didn't know Rebecca's roommates were Muslim.

    ReplyDelete