I set my alarm for 2 am because it was listed that it might be a good time to see the Northern Lights. No luck. Oh well. I guess we should have gone out before the movie.
I took pictures from the deck.
We got a little late for our walk this morning.
Jay made one more delicious breakfast. Omelets.
Right after breakfast Jay, Jeanne, and I headed out to get to the Duluth airport. We had some stops to make along the way.
We passed a huge area which had been damaged by fire a few years ago.
We stopped in Two Harbors. Levi had left a toy in Ely on Sunday, and he wanted it back ASAP.
Then we drove on to Duluth. It started pouring. I felt sorry for Jeanne having to drive.
Terrible visibility.
We stopped at Panera Bread near the airport for lunch. It was nearly 1 pm. We had a very nice lunch.
Jeanne and Jay dropped me off at the airport at 2 pm.
Naturally, they gave me a hard time going through security with my Zup's seasoning. They had to sprinkle a few grains of seasoning onto some kind of scanner. They finally let me go through. Luckily, I had plenty of time. There are only 4 gates.
They had a bunch of errands to do. Things that they can't do or get in Ely. Jeanne ended out getting a new computer. Hers had died while I was there.
Our flight left about 10 minutes late from Duluth. But we got into Chicago 10 minutes early, and then it took us about 20 minutes before getting to our gate. A real tour of the airport. We came in at F3, and I had to walk to C22. It was listed as a 16-minute walk.
I had a 2 and 1/2 hour layover in Chicago.
Soap, water, and a dryer at each sink
Then it was time to board.
I bought an ultimate cheeseburger dinner on the plane. It was not bad. I watched 2 movies. I had seen them before. My Best Friend's Wedding and one of the many versions of Snow White.
We arrived in Portland about 20 minutes early. George met me at the airport.
We got home in time so that Rebecca could take the car to her work.
So I got home safe and sound and ready to go to bed.














Sounds like a nice trip
ReplyDelete