Monday, October 27, 2025

Flight Home

We were up and out of our AirBnB by 6 am. We left Nathan there. He was staying for 2 more days, but he shifted to Sharon and Michael's place. We returned the car and got to our gate in plenty of time. The flight was supposed to leave a few minutes early, but that didn't happen. We left about 10 minutes late.

It was an uneventful flight home.  We arrived pretty much on time in Portland.  The Park N Fly shuttle was waiting for us.  It was nice to be dropped off right at our vehicle. 

Portland airport


We pulled into our driveway a little before 11 am.  I had time to head out on a walk before lunch.  I was to meet Bob & Suzanne (friends from our Rick Steves Alpine tour group) at 1 pm to go to the Japanese Gardens.  As I was walking, I got a text from Suzanne asking if we could meet at 12 pm instead because they were predicting rain later.  I turned around and scurried home so that I could make a quick lunch.  They pulled up just at noon. I decided to include this on my trip home blog because the Japanese Gardens were so amazing.

Bonsai

This bonsai has won a bunch of awards 




Bob and Suzanne


Koi pond




Mount Hood is directly behind the tall building.  Just can't see it.



The colors were amazing.

What a day.  We are safely home.  















2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safe. The colors at the Japanese Gardens are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gardens are always beautiful this time of year!

    ReplyDelete