Trudy and I had a nice breakfast. After getting all packed up we went on a short neighborhood walk. It was already hot out.
Our goal was to leave the house by 9 am so that we would have time to have lunch near the airport before Trudy dropping me off. It was very nice of Trudy to offer to drive me to the airport since it is a 1 1/2 hour drive. It was especially nice because I had extra time with Trudy. We were on the road by 9:02 am. Not bad.
We got to TGI Fridays a little before 11 am. They had not started serving lunch yet, so we had a second breakfast. I had the fried egg BLTA. It was yummy.
The airport was just 7 minutes away so that did not take long. Trudy dropped me off and headed home. She let me know that she got home safely. That was a relief. I had a super time with her. Trudy, if you read this, I just want you to know that I really admire you and I wish that I could be more like you. I am lucky to have you in my life.
I got to the airport before George and Nathan arrived so I found a place to wait for them. Nathan bought a lunch at the food court and then we headed to our gate.
It was an uneventful flight to Cleveland.
We got in on time and headed to the car rental place. That took a while. We had rented from Alamo but Alamo did not have an agent at the desk so we had to go to National instead, along with everyone else. But we finally got our car. It was very hot out, 96 degrees and very humid. We stopped at Trader Joe's to get a few things like cereal, milk, and fruit. We texted others in the group to see if we should get anything else.
Whew what a load. We headed on to the park.
George Singer and his family (Valerie, Kallie, and Amelia) and Dorothy and Ed had already arrived.
The lodge
Our cabin #8. Luckily the AC is working. It wasn't working in Dorothy and Ed's cabin at first. They had a guy over working on it. Our group have cabins 7 through 9 and 11. The cabins are nice, with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, living room/dining room/kitchen, and a big screened-in porch. Unless it cools down we won't be using the porch much.
We were having trouble coming up with a dinner plan. The lodge was short staffed so we decided to not go there. Nathan and I whipped up some guacamole. Dorothy brought over a salad. We had sandwich fixings. So I think that everyone had enough to eat.
I think that George Singer had enough.
Amelia and Kallie had mac and cheese in their cabin. Amelia is George and Valerie's daughter and Callie is Valerie's daughter.
We decided to go on a walk down by the lake. It wasn't quite so hot by then. It was a very leisurely stroll.


























Looks like a nice place
ReplyDelete