Thursday, July 2, 2026

Thursday at Punderson State Park


The porch

Sun coming up through the kitchen window.

My usual "work" station. 

 The plan was pickleball at 7 am before it got too hot.  Well, we did not quite make that, but we were out there by 7:30 am.  We played one game. That was all we could manage.  It was already too hot. It was just George S, Nathan, and me.  George W took the pictures.



Robbie, Apollo (their dog) and Martin made it in around 12:30 am.  

George S, George W, Nathan, and I went to rent boats at 10 am when they opened. The two George's rented kayaks. Nathan and I rented paddle boards.  
Getting all of the gear

The boats

Nathan is a natural




I did manage to get standing.


Nathan went into the water.  The first time was on purpose.

The second time was not planned.  He was a lot cooler after getting wet.

A cardinal.  We don't have them in Oregon.

Rob and Lisa arrived.

Martin, Nathan, and Robbie.

We went down to meet Apollo, before heading off to lunch.
We had a 12:30 pm reservation for 15 people at Zeppe's Tavern and Pizzeria.

Kallie, Amelia, Martin, Robbie, Nathan, Dorothy, Ed, Brendon (Mary's husband), Mary (Ed & Dorothy's niece), Rob, Lisa, me, George W, George S, and Valerie.

Brendon and Mary with Apollo.  

When we got back Robbie wanted to take Apollo for a walk on the boardwalk.  I stayed in the cabin.  It was too hot for me.  Everyone else went.  But then I missed the excitement.  Apollo jumped into the water and Nathan (swamp hero) jumped in after to help him get out of the water.  What a mess.





Before and after 


Robbie had to give him a very thorough bath.  Nathan had his fourth shower.

We gathered back in our cabin for dessert.

Soon Rob and Lisa had to head back to Columbus and Mary and Brendon headed back to their place in Cleveland.

Some of us played a game of cards while others napped.  

We had a 6:30 pm reservation at the lodge dining room.  I don't think that we were very impressed this time.  They made a lot of mistakes in our order and the food wasn't that great.
Robbie, Martin, George

We walked back to the cabins.  




We tried to play another round of 10, 9, 8 but we seemed to have trouble staying on track.  I think that we were all tired.  Robbie will have to leave soon to go pick up Ice from the airport.  

1 comment:

  1. I’m not sure the red paint in the pickleball kitchen is bright enough lol

    ReplyDelete