Monday, August 17, 2026

Monday Hike and Pontoon

 After breakfast Jeanne and I went out to the Bear Head Lake State Park.  It was about a half hour drive.  The ranger said that the Norberg Trail was the best.  It was listed as 3 miles. No problem.  It started out flat.


But soon became rocky.  Jeanne did not have her walking stick.

We both had to be very careful.  We thought that we would be walking beside the lake.  We were, but there were trees between the path and the lake.  There were a couple of side trails we took to get down to the lake.




Bear Head Lake is a large lake.

The trail continued to pass Bear Head Lake and on to Norberg Lake.
There were some obstacles along the way.

Actual stairs down to the lake.

Norberg Lake is a very small lake.



Flowers, fungus, berries, and a dead stump.

It ended out being about a 4 mile walk.  We both were hot but we did not take our sweaters off because there were a lot of mosquitoes. I have been surprised that this morning was the first time that we have been bothered by them. I came home with a bunch of bites on the back of my neck.

We got home and fixed sandwiches for lunch. Jay ate with us.  It was perfect weather so we went out on the pontoon.
We got the cover off and loaded it up.

We were off.

Ahhh.

 


Jeanne and Jay brought all of their fishing gear.


They tried several locations. 


I helped

I also had fun taking pictures.




Finally, Jay caught one!! He had to put it back since it was too small.  Proof that there are fish in the lake.

We heard that a thunder storm was to come in around 5 pm so we thought that we should head back to the house. 

Jeanne was transferring the leaches to a different container.  Ugh!!

A photo of the rear view mirror.

Coming in to the dock.

We got the pontoon covered.  It was a good thing because it did start to rain about 5 pm.

I love these goldfinches.

It's a goldfinch party.

No fresh fish for dinner!! But we did have a delicious meal of meatballs, rice, and fresh green beans.


After dinner we relaxed with the TV.  

4 comments: