Friday, November 1, 2013

My treat

I had a plan for making a dessert. I started with a recipe Mario Batali's Pomegranate Prosecco Gelatina.  I bought dried blueberries and gelatin in Beaverton.  I thought blueberries would transport easier than pomegranates.  At the airport after going through security I bought an Oregon sparkling wine instead of Prosecco.  Once we got to Ben and Erin's I made the gelatin and got it in the refrigerator. When we took our walk we stopped at Safeway and I could buy some sorbet and whipped cream.  When we got home I could add the blueberries.
After Sean went to bed I assembled the rest with putting the sorbet and whipped cream on it.  Actually I think the sorbet and blueberries were the best part.  

See all the tomatoes in the background.  We picked them from the back yard.  They only have 2 tomato plants but they were very prolific.

1 comment: