Sunday, May 18, 2014

Graduation Day - Sunday May 18

Couldn't resist.  One more mailbox

The crowds at graduation. It was a perfect day.

Martin's section the engineers.

The valedictorian was from the Architecture degree.  It was funny.  All of them did something unusual with their caps.  I took pictures of many of them.  The one below is the one the valedictorian made.







Fun
Many attempts with picture taking.  So they had the big graduation for everyone at 9 am.  Great speakers.  But it was 2 hours.  


We gathered after the big ceremony and the we had lunch.  Some of us had lunches that were provided and some of us had made sandwiches.


After lunch we went to another building for the small graduation where they actually handed out the diplomas.  

Martin Walker Singer

Then we went back to the house.  WE had a meal of Mediterranean food that they had ordered delivered. Then Jeanne, Nathan and I headed off back to Chicago to take Nathan to the airport.  Then we went to Don and Margie's.  I will spend the night here before flying home tomorrow.  



Not sure what this is.  A little chocolate cake with some mushroom shaped icing or something.  No one wanted to eat it.  I had a small piece of cheesecake.



4 comments:

  1. Love the mortar board additions - especially the Arc De Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower - how creative! The multi-colored Victorian house with balloons was sure festive! Quite an event at quite the venue - nice it turned out so sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had much better weather than one other graduation I can think of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos. The balloon hat is from the movie "Up".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really missed out, on the mushroom chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete