Thursday, July 3, 2014

Tampa - July 2

George and I flew to Tampa yesterday.  It was a long flight with a 4 hour lay-over in Houston.  Joyce got us to the MAX station and we got to the airport in plenty of time.  We are going on this trip for 2 reasons.  I will be attending my 46th high school class reunion in Brooksville, FL and George is helping Dorothy and Ed with the final clean out of Jane's (their mom) condo so it can be sold.
We ate at Pappadeaux.  

George had the tilapia and I had a grilled chicken pita sandwich (boring, I know)

Some kids were playing basketball in the airport and the ball got stuck in the light fixture.  They were pretty creative in getting it down.

We got to Tampa around 11 pm.  Dorothy and Ed met us.  It was an hour drive to Jane's condo.  It is very hot and muggy here.  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a long travel day - glad to hear you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sandwich does not sound boring...

    I guess you will be home in time to repack and come to Seattle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you ordered the grilled chicken pita sandwich...you could have had the shrimp etouffee! Are you laying over in Houston on the way home?

    ReplyDelete