Thursday, September 7, 2017

To Oregon, Wisconsin, Sept 7th, 2017


I thought I would put in a picture of the blood moon a few nights ago.  We are having so much smoke from the fires.  What a mess.  The ash is falling on our tomatoes.  

This morning at 6:30 am we left the house.  George dropped me off at the MAX station so that I could get to the airport for a 9 am flight.  Everything was on time. Though I found out later that my second flight, from Minneapolis to Madison, had changed both with the number and the time.  So, Jeanne, did not have the correct information.  Luckily she was at the airport early so it all worked out. I never did get an email from Delta with the change.  OH WELL.  

When we got to Laura's house, the kids were home from school.  Tristan is in 2nd grade and Emmet and Liam just started kindergarten.  I had a nice tour of the house.  I had not been here before.  Wilhelm was working in the yard.  What a nice house.  It feels like it is out in the woods.  This is a view of the side porch.



We had a chance to relax.  Laura got home from work in time for dinner.  Wilhelm made a delicious rice, chicken and vegetable dish with gravy.  Yummy.  Nice view of the sunset.  


After a rabble rousing game of Uno it was bath time, story time and bed time.  Then I think I am ready for bed!! ;-).  Laura had to go to a meeting.  

Then we all got to relax.  

3 comments:

  1. Good that Jeanne & you were able to connect with the changing flight info! Nice house & pretty sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the fires! So sad. We had a fire down here as well but not nearly as bad as yours. I had a friend who had to evacuate and the fire came up to her fence, but no damage. Wow the kids are all in school now - that happened fast! Well, at least from my perspective :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete