We had a bowl of cereal for breakfast at the Carlin Villa. Then we headed off to see the the Blackburn College campus.
Gosh!! It was totally dead. I guess Sunday morning everyone is sleeping. Nothing was open. Most of the building were locked. We did manage to get into the Science building. It has changed a lot since I was there. Fun to see.
Gosh!! It was totally dead. I guess Sunday morning everyone is sleeping. Nothing was open. Most of the building were locked. We did manage to get into the Science building. It has changed a lot since I was there. Fun to see.
My dorm. I was on the top floor, left in back.
In the science building, models designed by Pop Jewell (a retired doctor who helped students)
My favorite professor
I worked for Dr Singh
We went into the green house where I spent many hours taking care of the plants. We got locked in there accidentally, but luckily the outside door was not locked.
The school mascot
A few years ago we were asked to buy a brick, as a fundraiser. Here is mine.
We wandered all over campus. We got into 2 classroom buildings. When we were leaving, around 10:30 am we finally saw a few people. Even the cafeteria was not open.
Then we drove out to Beaver Dam Lake. That was fun. The weather was perfect.
We walked part way around the lake. This was a big hang out for some people. I think I only went there a couple of times. It was a 7 mile hike from campus.
Then we got back to the motel and checked out. We had bought a can of Taylor's Chili, and had that for lunch.
Yummy. Just as good as I remembered. Very tasty.
Then we headed off towards St Louis. We are staying at a Holiday Inn Express in O'Fallon, northwest of St Louis.
Arch drive by pictures. We plan to go there tomorrow. We got to the hotel and checked in.
Nice brick.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice visit to Blackburn. Too bad everything was closed. Maybe everyone was at chapel.
ReplyDeleteNope, the chapel was one place that was open and it was empty!!
ReplyDeleteGlad the chili was still tasty!
ReplyDelete