Friday, March 16, 2018

Continue Friday March 16

After the beach and the Triu hike we headed on north and got to Cargese where we found a place for lunch.  Nothing was open.  It was 1 pm and I was getting hungry.

We did find a hotel restaurant and ordered a pizza and ice cream. We ordered a vegetable pizza and Nathan was horrified that it came without any cheese.  We asked for some cheese and the waiter brought a bowl of cheese that we could sprinkle on our pizza.  It was good.
 




a fixer upper



It is good that I am comfortable using the natural facilities.  Restrooms are few and far between. 



stunning scenery 


We researched out a good walk.  Start at the little dog rock.  


It took us a while to find it. It said it was an easy 1 hour hike to see the "chateau fort".  It was NOT an easy hike.  But it was well worth it.  Up hill and I am out of breath, down hill and I am noodle kneed.
This is part of the easy part.

Giant's hand print

like son like father



A Goudi look alike


The chateau fort - we hiked out to.  Amazing







Porto


We got into Porto and checked into the Hotel Bella Vista.  We were the only guests.  Nothing is open.  I had check on-line and everything that was supposed to be open is not open. One restaurant is open down the street.  We had dinner there.  On thing that is hard to get used to is all the smoking in the restaurants.  I do not like that.


Nathan and George had a salad and a fish dish.  I had a veal stew and fries again.  



4 comments:

  1. You are certainly getting some beautiful photos, and it's nice that the internet connection is good for sharing them! I guess I didn't realize just how much hiking/stair-climbing you would be doing. Maybe that makes it easier to reward yourself with a nice dinner and a glass of wine at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - the scenery, the hikes and the necessity for using 'natural facilities'- you certainly can go with the flow as they say! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am loving all the wonderful pictures of the awesome rock formations and coastline shots - and of course the "head in the rocks" pictures of Nathan & George (:>) (better than "rocks in the head"!)

    ReplyDelete